We provide admissions bulletins/ recruitment materials to the University Equity Diversity and Inclusion Office, the Office of Inclusive Excellence, the LGBT Resource Center and we promote the Lavender Law Conference.
The Class of 2023 (current 1Ls) is the first class to have been asked to identify their gender and sexual orientation, including non-binary gender options. Applicants must also include personal and diversity statements.
We have actively sought out to employ diverse staff/faculty/administrators as follows: Faculty are recruited through Insight into Diversity; Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education and Diverse Issues in Higher Education. All full-time staff positions postings are compliant with University Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity guidelines.
Staff Diverse Hiring
Faculty Diverse Hiring
Grad School Recruitment Initiatives
The College of Law provides eight “all gender” restrooms for use by students, staff, faculty, and members of the community. Each room is identified with a sign labeled ALL GENDER, with braille and symbols. All buildings at the University Utah with gender neutral facilities are indicated on the campus map under accessibility.
Yes, there are gender-segregated bathrooms for women and men. There is no written restroom policy that applies to all campus.
Family Law; Interdisciplinary Series on Gender and Sexuality. Sexuality, Gender and the Law; Reproductive Rights and Justice; Feminist Legal Theory.
Pride Law Caucus
The College of Law sponsors tables and participates in LGBTQIA+ signature events and advertises the Lavender Law Conference.
Yes, mandatory for all students
– Admissions provides pronoun banners (e.g., My pronouns are: she/her, he/him, they/them, Ask Me) that adhere to name tags for Orientation.
– Our CIS PeopleSoft system allows for individuals to select their Preferred Name.
– Pride Law Caucus
– University of Utah LGBT Resource Center, Office of Inclusive Excellence, and Office of Equity Diversity & Inclusion provide resources and events focusing on LGBTQ+ issues, needs and communities.
– Staff/faculty identify their pronouns within the signature line on their email and Zoom.
– Inclusive Workshops, Talking Circles, Newsletter Prompts, Book Clubs, and Symposia.